I am starting to prepare myself for the birth of my second because I am only about 4 weeks out from my due date now! The first time around you have an idea of what to expect but you kind of go into it blind not knowing exactly what it will be like. I know what I am getting myself into this time around. It’s going to be hard and I am going to need to rely on God to be my strength and support. So to prepare my mind I gathered a few different bible verses I wanted to meditate on and pray while I am in labor. I took these 10 bible verses for labor and delivery and printed them on card stock so they would be easy to use. I am hoping these scripture cards will be a valuable tool for me to keep my mind stayed on the Lord and to draw on Him for strength during labor. Below are the verses listed out and even a link to download the cards to use for yourself for free. I am hoping they will be useful for other mommas out there too!
10 Bible Verses for Labor and Delivery:
- “When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2
- “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3
- “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…” Psalm 46:1-2
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
- “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29
- “Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father…” Colossians 1:11-12
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy: 1:7
You can download a free printable set of cards with these 10 bible verses for labor and delivery by clicking the link above! Save the pdf to your computer and print! I would recommend printing them on card stock or even laminating them if you really want them to be durable. I hope these can be useful for you during labor as well!
What else do you do to prepare for labor, physically and emotionally? I would love to hear your tips!